Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mixtape: Best Debut Singles

Hallo. Welcome to another Mixtape. This is a personal Mixtape, because it's a topic that is purely biased from anyone's perspective.

Today I reveal my favourite debut singles. When a band is new on the scene they have to choose their first single very carefully. They have to hope that the song they release gets the ball running for the sake of their careers. If it flops or worse, is panned, it can destroy careers. It definitely can make a band's career a mountain to climb. But debut singles can work the other way too, it can make a career start brilliantly, but the success is short because they are then a one hit wonder.

Not familiar with the Mixtape? Here are the rules.

A Mixtape is a playlist of a certain genre, band or era. The list is generally 80 minutes long, the same length of a blank CD, with further recommendations if some of the songs aren't to your taste. Remember kids, downloading is wrong!

No matter how the careers of the band's below went, these songs kick ass in my opinion. Enjoy my favourite debut singles!
  1. I Only Want You - Eagles of Death Metal
  2. Santa Domingo - Jon Fratelli
  3. Fever for the Flava - Hot Action Cop
  4. Shinobi vs Dragon Ninja - Lostprophets
  5. Romantic Rights - Death From Above 1979
  6. Nobody - Skindred
  7. Bodies - Drowning Pool
  8. Thunder Kiss '65 - White Zombie
  9. Down in It - Nine Inch Nails
  10. Bela Lugosi's Dead - Bauhaus
  11. The Way I Walk - The Cramps
  12. John the Fisherman - Primus
  13. Love Your Money - Daisy Chainsaw
  14. Love Buzz - Nirvana
  15. Three Little Pigs - Green Jelly
  16. Get Your Gunn - Marilyn Manson
  17. Institutionalized - Suicidal Tendencies
  18. Cowboys From Hell - Pantera
  19. Cult of Personality - Living Colour
  20. Dragula - Rob Zombie
Don't like some of these songs? Here are five alternatives...
  1. Loser - Beck
  2. Get it On - Grinderman
  3. Sugar - System of a Down
  4. Processed Beats - Kasabian
  5. Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Machine
And there you go, my favourite debut singles. I hope you like some of these, if not all. It's a heavy playlist but heavy is good in my opinion. That;s it from me, take care.

For the latest updates on my work, 'like' me on Facebook here!

No comments:

Post a Comment