Wednesday, November 23, 2016

My Top 100 Favourite Songs 2010-14 Edition: #21

#21. "Howlin’ For You” – The Black Keys
Released: 11/2/11
Album: Brothers
 
Here’s the thing about this song – for a long time I had heard it but never knew what it was called and actually, who sung it. You may know that I appeared on Winter Wipeout (a spinoff of Total Wipeout, yes with the big red balls, you can read about my experience in great detail here). Well when that episode aired on TV nearly five years ago, on that episode my fellow contestant Mark (or Howling Mark) had this song playing in the background. I liked the sound of it but couldn’t put my finger on who sung the song or what it was called (I know, Howling Mark should have given it away but I digress.)
 
I only properly discovered the song a couple of years ago when it was again used on a fantastic TV show called “Release the Hounds”. I then searched tooth and nail for what the song was and was really annoyed when I found out it was under my nose all this time. I mean how could I not know it was the Black Keys? It’s quite hard to find a song though, lyrics wise, if all you can hear is “da-da da da da, da-da da da da”! It’s a fantastic song was a stupendously catchy chorus, and my eldest son fell in love with it when I started playing it over and over again two years ago. I love it.
 
Here's the video if you want to hear it!

If you missed #22 go here.

For the latest updates on my work, including all my latest radio shows, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment