Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Mixtape: Best FIFA Trax

Hey there, welcome to my newest Mixtape. This one is paying homage to the music of the FIFA football games, something that has been a constant source of decent sound for some time. Now, if you know me personally or have been following my work on this site, you'll know that I love my metal. My interest in indie is nothing on metal, and don't get me started on dance music, electronic, RnB or ambience. These other genres for the most part don't interest me. But they are always evident in the FIFA games and quite often the songs that are chosen year upon year are great. So what I'm hoping you'll see in today's list is a different side to my musical tastes.

Not familiar with my Mixtapes? Here are the rules. 

A Mixtape is a playlist of a certain genre, band or era. The list is generally 80 minutes long, the same length of a blank CD, with further recommendations if some of the songs aren't to your taste. Remember kids, downloading is wrong! 

Okay, before I start, I'd like to say two things. Firstly, FIFA didn't really have long and productive soundtracks on their games until FIFA 2004 came out, and while certain games before it had one or two popular tracks, nothing was really substantial until then. Secondly, I haven't played every FIFA game. I've played most of them, so one or two games are missing from the list. But I cover most of the games, and I think you can appreciate the amount of games that are actually covered here. Enjoy!
  1. It's Only Us - Robbie Williams (FIFA 2000)
  2. 19-2000 (Soulchild Mix) - Gorillaz (FIFA 2002)
  3. Feels Just Like I Should - Jamiroquai (FIFA 06)
  4. Splitting the Atom - Massive Attack (FIFA 11)
  5. Stop the Rock - Apollo 440 (FIFA 2000)
  6. We Used to Be Friends - The Dandy Warhols (FIFA 2004)
  7. Black and Gold - Sam Sparro (FIFA 09)
  8. Ace of Hz - Ladytron (FIFA 11)
  9. Get on the Floor - DJ Bitman (FIFA 07)
  10. Daft Punk Is Playing At My House - LCD Soundsystem (FIFA 06)
  11. Switchblade Smiles - Kasabian (FIFA 12)
  12. Tubthumping - Chumbawamba (FIFA: Road to World Cup 98)
  13. Fit But You Know It - The Streets (FIFA 2005)
  14. Red Morning Light - Kings of Leon (FIFA 2004)
  15. Don't Give Up - The Noisettes (FIFA 08)
  16. Machu Picchu - The Strokes (FIFA 12)
  17. Tell Her Tonight - Franz Ferdinand (FIFA 2005)
  18. Drumming Song - Florence and the Machine (2010 FIFA World Cup)
  19. Song 2 - Blur (FIFA: Road to World Cup 98)
  20. Drama Queen - Switches (FIFA 08)
  21. Tell Me a Lie - The Fratellis (FIFA 09)
  22. Supermassive Black Hole - Muse (FIFA 07)
Here are five alternative songs!
  1. Myxomatosis - Radiohead (FIFA 2004)
  2. Take Your Mama - Scissor Sisters (FIFA 2005)
  3. Helicopter - Bloc Party (FIFA 06)
  4. Wele Wele - Angelique Kidjo (FIFA 07)
  5. Sly - The Cat Empire (FIFA 08)
And that's my playlist. If you like the genres mentioned above and haven't heard some of these songs give them a listen, the videos all link to Youtube where possible. I'm starting to run dry on ideas at the moment for future Mixtapes, so if you have any other ideas comment below, with some suggestions and I might cover them. That's it from me today, have a good night.


For the latest updates on my work, 'like' me on Facebook here!

No comments:

Post a Comment