Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mixtape: The Best of Guitar Hero

On Monday and Tuesday this week I posted you The Rise and Fall of Guitar Hero, paying homage to the greatness and the unfortunate demise to one of my favourite video game series of all time. I posted the first half on Monday, which you can find here, and the second half yesterday, which you can find here.

But this post is about my favourite songs to play. Now, these songs aren't my favourite songs in the entire series, but a list of songs, proportioned across the six major titles, that are all fun to play if you have the knack for playing the game well. Now, my experience with Guitar Hero is that I'm a decent player, I can play all songs on "Hard" mode (bar two, which is "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" and "Through the Fire and Flames", both on Guitar Hero III), and a decent selection of songs on "Expert" mode. I have actually completed the first Guitar Hero game on "Expert", but no other. So, I can play a decent bit. So naturally, some of these songs are usually the harder tracks to play, but some are not, some songs, like "Love Me Two Times" by The Doors, aren't too hard, but are just so much fun to play.

But before I show you the list, let me explain what my Mixtapes are about.
A Mixtape is a playlist of a certain genre, band or era. The list is generally 80 minutes long, the same length of a blank CD, with further recommendations if some of the songs aren't to your taste. Remember kids, downloading is wrong!

I do Mixtapes quite often on this site, so if you scroll down to the bottom of the page and use the tab "Mixtape" you can see other playlists I've created. But without further delay, here are my favourite songs to play in the Guitar Hero series!
  1. Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes (Warriors of Rock)
  2. Assassin - Muse (World Tour)
  3. Spanish Castle Magic - Jimi Hendrix (I)
  4. 21st Century Schizoid Man - King Crimson (5)
  5. Misirlou - Dick Dale (II)
  6. Love Me Two Times - The Doors (World Tour)
  7. War Pigs - Black Sabbath (II)
  8. Cult of Personality - Living Colour (III: Legends of Rock)
  9. Who Was in My Room Last Night? - Butthole Surfers (II)
  10. Sweating Bullets - Megadeth (5)
  11. Bark at the Moon - Ozzy Osbourne (I)
  12. Bodies - Drowning Pool (Warriors of Rock)
  13. One - Metallica (III: Legends of Rock)
  14. Du Hast - Rammstein (5)
  15. Psychosocial - Slipknot (Warriors of Rock)
  16. Cowboys From Hell - Pantera (I)
  17. Devil Went Down to Georgia - Steve Ouimette (III: Legends of Rock)
Don't like these songs? Here's five alternatives:
  1. Killer Queen - Queen (I)
  2. Institutionalized - Suicidal Tendencies (II)
  3. Black Sunshine - White Zombie (III: Legends of Rock)
  4. Overkill - Motorhead (World Tour)
  5. Brianstorm - Arctic Monkeys (5)
And that's my Mixtape! I hope you've enjoyed all three parts of my Guitar Hero homage over the past three days. That's it from me for now, have a good night!

For the latest updates on my work, 'like' me on Facebook here!

No comments:

Post a Comment