Tuesday, June 09, 2015

My Top 100 Favourite Music Videos: #4

#4: "Low" - Foo Fighters
Release Date: 2003
Director: Jesse Peretz
Fun Fact: The original idea for the video was for Jack Black to dress up in drag and dance in one single shot with no editing, but then the director thought it'd be great to create a storyline around rednecks going to a motel and dress in drag and get drunk!
So this is the last video from the year 2003 in the list. There were NINE videos from this year alone in the list! It's more than any other year so for me, the year 2003 is the best year in music video history!

So I've said it before and I'll say it again, for me, the best music artist or band in terms of making quality music videos again and again, throughout their entire existence is the Foo Fighters. And yes, this is my favourite Foo Fighters music video. It's also my favourite music video from the last decade, but if you've followed my work, you already knew that, when I compiled a list of my 20 Favourite Music Videos of the Naughties back in 2011!


So the last three videos are from different decades... which ones? Find out!

Anyway, back to this music video. It's just genuinely, one of the funniest music videos ever created. Jack Black and Dave Grohl go into a motel room and get absolutely batshit drunk... and then put on women's clothing. But it's way more than that!

The whole video from start to finish is devilishly funny; I love Dave Grohl shouting "LET'S GET IT ONNN!" at the beginning, I love how Jack Black is telling himself to "put the hammer down" whilst doing invisible arm curls, I love how they have to find the "crank button" to blast the volume up, I love the terrible arm wrestling contest, I love Jack Black's best Jack Nicholson impression, I love how Jack Black gets diarrhoea and uses a piece of artwork to waft out the smell, I love how they both try to hold their weights in the archway and how badly Dave Grohl falls, I love how concerningly good DAve Grohl looks in a blonde wig and black mascara... especially in the dark, I love Jack Black's tutu, I love how Dave Grohl decides to zoom into Jack Black's butt crack while he's going violently sick... I just love this video so so much and it cracks me up every time I see it. It's crude, it's rude, but it's a heck of a lot of fun and it's gut-wrenchingly funny... if you have the right sense of humour of course!

Note: This is the ninth and last video from the year 2003 in this list.


Here is the video for your enjoyment!

Click here to see #3 on the list or here for #5! 

No comments:

Post a Comment