Wednesday, February 10, 2016

My Top 100 Favourite Songs 2010-14 Edition: #100

Five years ago I revealed my 100 favourite songs between the years 2000 and 2009. If I were to do the list again I'm sure certain entries would change but it got me thinking, what were my favourite songs from the last half decade? I could wait another five years and do the full decade but I thought, well, simply that five years is a long time so I can do both lists can't I!

If you want to know what my 100 favourite songs were from the last decade click here.

Like my other list, there's a couple of rules. The first one is that the songs are singles only. There's no album tracks on here that weren't released as a single. And secondly, I've once again set a cap of three songs per artist, with the exception of if it's a duet or something special like that.

Another thing that's different this time round is that I'm not setting limits on any genres. Last time I tried to stick with mainly rock and metal, but this time round I've put whatever songs I like in the list. Put it this way, there's a lot more RnB, rap, pop and dance in here than I'd expect from myself but that's no matter!

But without further ado, for the next 100 days, here's my favourite songs from the last half decade! Enjoy!

#100. “Madness” – Muse
Released: 20/8/12
Album: The 2nd Law
The last two or three Muse albums have been underwhelming in my opinion. That's not to say they're bad but just... inferior to their earlier stuff. But one thing that's consistent is that there's always some very good singles. "Madness", even if there's a not-so subtle homage/ripoff of Queen in there, is still a very enjoyable single. It got decent airplay as well, but then again, Muse haven't exactly lost their popularity over the years, even if I don't fancy their music as much as I used to.


Here's the music video if you want to hear it!


To go to #99 go here, or to go straight to #1 go here!

For the latest updates on my work, including all my latest radio shows, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment