Friday, February 12, 2016

My Top 100 Favourite Songs 2010-14 Edition: #98

#98. “Neat Little Rows – Elbow
Released: 27/2/11
Album: Build a Rocket Boys!
I'd like to start off by saying that "Seldom Seen Kid" is one of my favourite alternative rock albums of the past 10 years or so. I did like "Build a Rocket Boys!" but I didn't love it... if that makes sense. I did actually review it for this site, you can read that review here.

Regardless of how I feel of that album, "Neat Little Rows" as a song and single is very good. It actually has aged very well; I thought it was quite a weak choice for a single when I first heard it but over time it's really settled with me very nicely, and I do certainly think it's one of the best songs off the album. It's pretty much Elbow as a band in a nutshell, full of Guy Garvey's penetrating tones, gorgeous piano and an underlying funky riff. It's a solid track.


Here's the music video if you want to hear it!

If you missed #99 go here.

For the latest updates on my work, including all my latest radio shows, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment