Friday, February 19, 2016

My Top 100 Favourite Songs 2010-14 Edition: #91

#91. “Blue Blood Blues" – The Dead Weather
Released: 25/6/10
Album: Sea of Cowards


The Dead Weather, if you didn't know, are a supergroup consisting of members of The White Stripes, The Kills, Queens of the Stone Age, The Raconteurs amongst other bands. They've actually just released their third album, so they're not a one off gig. In fact, in my opinion, I like them more than The Kills and The Raconteurs, nearly as The White Stripes... but QOTSA are one of my all time favourites so... Anyway. They're a really good band that are pretty established now, so it would surprise me if you at least hadn't heard of them, if you like your rock music. Their albums are pretty good too so don't judge them on singles alone. But as singles go "Blue Blood Blues" is a belter. It has some excellent guitar work (what would you expect from Jack White) and it's just funky as hell. Go and check it out below.


Here's the music video if you want to hear it!

If you missed #92 go here.

For the latest updates on my work, including all my latest radio shows, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment