Sunday, February 14, 2016

My Top 100 Favourite Songs 2010-14 Edition: #96

#96. “Explain My Heart" – Saul Williams
Released: 28/1/11
Album: Volcanic Sunlight

This website is around 6 years old now. I've been writing for over a decade. I've been listening to Saul Williams for pretty much all that time. I'm finally going to be seeing him live, all being well, next month. And yet very few people still have heard of him. I have little impact on the music world unfortunately because if there's one artist I could try and convince people to try and give a chance, it's Saul Williams.

"Explain My Heart" isn't my favourite song by him, or my favourite single in this time frame we're covering. A fantastic song, with a great music video; "Explain My Heart" goes through the mental process of trying to understand one's ability to love and feel. Saul Williams has covered many genres in his career, from rap to rock, to industrial metal to hip-hop, to electronic music and African tribal music. This time round he mixes traditional African drum beats with his more modern hip hop musings. Please check it out.


Here's the music video if you want to hear it!

If you missed #97 go here.

For the latest updates on my work, including all my latest radio shows, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment