Sunday, April 03, 2016

My Top 100 Favourite Songs 2010-14 Edition: #48

#48. “Bridge Burning" – Foo Fighters
Released: 5/6/12
Album: Wasting Light


"THESE ARE MY FAMOUS LAST WORDS!!"

What an intro line. What an intro song. I reviewed this album five years ago and suggested back then that it's possibly becoming my favourite Foo Fighters album. I can now confirm that it's true - this is my favourite album of their 21 year career. And this song kicks so much ass. It's not tremendously different from a lot of their heavier tracks, but because it's the intro song, and it does its job so well, and its Foo Fighters at their noisiest and most explosive, I just fell in love with it very very easily.

Here's the song if you want to hear it!
If you missed #49 go here.

For the latest updates on my work, including all my latest radio shows, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment