Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Noughtie: The Best in Music 2000-2009 Plans (+ more)



Hey everyone,


As you can see, I haven't been posting lately, but it is mainly due to the festive period, but that doesn't mean I'm not working hard! I've got my list complete for my major new project but I haven't really discussed more about it. I'll do that now.


"Noughtie" is the name of my new project. I've compiled a list of all the major songs from the last decade, from the year 2000 to 2009 and am narrowing it down to reveal what I consider the 100 most important songs are of the decade. That's the outro to the series. Yes, it's a series. I'll be doing loads of work to do with those songs and the artists that performed them, and my list should go something like this:
  • Overall Favourite Artists (Listing)
  • Best of 2000 (Mixtape)
  • Overall Least Favourite Artists (Listing)
  • Best of 2001 (Mixtape)
  • Where Are They Now? (Listing)
  • Best of 2002 (Mixtape)
  • Best New Artists (Listing)
  • Best of 2003 (Mixtape)
  • My Guilty Pleasures (Listing)
  • Best of 2004 (Mixtape)
  • My Favourite Riffs (Listing)
  • Best of 2005 (Mixtape)
  • Underrated Artists (Listing)
  • Best of 2006 (Mixtape)
  • My Favourite Albums (Listing)
  • Best of 2007 (Mixtape)
  • Best Videos (Listing)
  • Best of 2008 (Mixtape)
  • Most Important Artists (Listing)
  • Best of 2009 (Mixtape)
  • 100 Favourite Songs of the Decade (Listing)
  • 100 Most Important Songs of the Decade (Large Listing)
Yes, large listing. This will be a hundred day job. Each day I'll reveal the song and put up a video of that song. I hope you'll enjoy the list. If you disagree with it, that's fine, it is an unbiased list (the biased one is to be posted before it) and if people convince me that a particular song deserves entry into the list then I'm not afraid to change it. I'll start posting each and every one of these posts in the series starting from the new year.

But wait! There's more! Before the series gets under way, I'll be doing a review on the second series of True Blood, and a GameFAQ listing. I might even do another article if I have the time.

Any questions? Comments? Let me know if you don't understand anything in this post.

Coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment