Thursday, December 01, 2016

My Top 100 Favourite Songs 2010-14 Edition: #13

#13 “The Island - Pt II (Dusk)” by Pendulum
Released: 19/9/10
Album: Immersion
It was good news earlier this year when Pendulum did a comeback gig. Let’s hope they can do some new material or at least a full UK tour at some point. As a band rather than a drum and bass act. Just my preference.

Anyway, this is one of my favourite Pendulum songs and has been for some time. It always reminds me of my daughter, because when she was around three or four years old she used to love dancing to this song, as well as “Tarantula” actually. I have a video of her somewhere of her dancing to this and it’s just the cutest thing. Personal attachment to the song aside, it’s just a kickass drum and bass track. As you know if you have followed my website or if you know me personally you’ll know that dance music, electronic, drum and bass, whatever you want to call it, isn’t my favourite genre at all, but I do like the odd track here and there and this is just an incredible piece of music, and I’d love to hear it in a club one day. Shame it doesn’t get played anymore because it’s now six years old!

Here's the video if you want to hear it!
If you missed #14 go here.

For the latest updates on my work, including all my latest radio shows, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment