Thursday, December 08, 2016

My Top 100 Favourite Songs 2010-14 Edition: #6

#6 “I Just Had Sex” by The Lonely Island and Akon
Released: 8/1/11
Album: Turtleneck and Chain
Just missing out on the Top 5 is the absolutely brilliant “I Just Had Sex” by The Lonely Island with Akon. The Lonely Island have released some of the funniest songs over the last 10 years, and have definitely got the crown for funniest group right now. Well, I say right now but they haven’t released an album for a few years now, unless you count the soundtrack to their movie Popstar.
 
This is possibly the best song of the lot though. I do change my mind about what my favourite Lonely Island song is but this is definitely up there very consistently. At one point I did play this a lot but now I try not to, and when it comes on you really enjoy singing along and it’s fresh again. It’s an anthem of sorts I’d say – celebrating sex! And it’s just so so funny. The video is absolutely hilarious too of course (it got to #58 in my all time favourite music videos list), and Akon does a brilliant job working with these three comedians, both in the song and on the video. His little smile is adorable; you can just tell he’s having such a blast working with these guys.


Here's the video if you want to hear it!

If you missed #7 go here.

For the latest updates on my work, including all my latest radio shows, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment