Monday, December 05, 2016

My Top 100 Favourite Songs 2010-14 Edition: #9

#9 “Smooth Sailing” by The Queens of the Stone Age
Released: 27/2/14
Album: ...Like Clockwork
When I first drafted out my Top 100, this actually was placed at #1. And while I absolutely love this song, could I genuinely say, over the five years of music we’re covering, is it my favourite music single? And I just couldn’t commit to that.

As I said, it’s not that it’s not great, it’s one of the funkiest, coolest songs Queens have ever done. It stands out as the highlight track on a dark and gloomy album, as the ray of light of what Queens can do when they want to lower the tone and play fun music. It’s truly funky – I’m sure more people would love this song if they’d heard it but unfortunately it was barely given any airplay despite a cool music video set in Japan. Honestly – give this song a listen if you’ve not heard it, it’s so damn fricking cool.

Here's the video if you want to hear it!

If you missed #10 go here.

For the latest updates on my work, including all my latest radio shows, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment