Tuesday, December 13, 2016

My Top 100 Favourite Songs 2010-14 Edition: #3

#3 “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars
Released: 10/11/14
Album: Uptown Special
By now you either hate this song or probably feel that it’s overplayed. I mean there’s probably a smaller minority of people that aren’t fed up of this song by now.
 
But back at the end of 2014 and for the first half of 2015 (I know that year isn’t covered in this listing but still, the release date was 2014) – this song was played. A LOT. And you know what? I didn’t care. I absolutely loved this song, I was never tired of hearing it, it’s for me one of the funkiest, coolest tracks ever made. It was an instant classic. When we look back on this decade for music, and we think about what the best songs were, this song will be on many MANY lists. Because it was, and is, that damn good. I don’t hate on the song at all, I mean yeah, sure, I skip it now when it comes on just because of the sheer volume of times I’ve heard it over the last 2 years but there will be a point probably in the next few years when this song will stop being in that “overplayed” category and start to transcend into the “classic tracks” category.
 
It really reminds me of “Hey Ya” by The Outkast, for me this song is this decade’s equivalent. They’re both funky tracks that got played over and over again, one is now considered to be a classic, time will tell if this one will be. But if I were a betting man, I’d say I’m very very sure this song will follow suit.

Here's the video if you want to hear it!
 
If you missed #4 go here.

For the latest updates on my work, including all my latest radio shows, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment