Monday, December 12, 2016

My Top 100 Favourite Songs 2010-14 Edition: #4

#4 “Jungle (Remix)” by Jamie N Commons and the X-Ambassadors (feat. Jay-Z)
Released: 26/12/13 (original) 15/6/14 (remix)
Album: VHS (original, X-Ambassadors album)
I accidentally classed this as a 2013 track but it’s actually 2014 if we’re talking about the remix. It doesn’t really matter either way.
 
Jamie N Commons is a terribly underrated artist, I think I’ve said this a few times now. He’s the guy that sings the chorus in this massive blockbuster summer hit of 2014. He’s done some other awesome songs too, and you may remember him on this earlier at #29 with “Karma”.
 
Jay-Z really bring the whole song together with his awesome rap, before Jay-Z helped out with the remix the song was great but not spectacular. This song is still used on adverts even now more than two years later because of how good it is and how pumped it can make you feel, especially in sports. I listened to this song so many times in 2014 and still play it today, it’s just so much fun to listen to, and of course, it helps that my son loves singing it too!

Here's the video if you want to hear it!

If you missed #5 go here.

For the latest updates on my work, including all my latest radio shows, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment