Friday, December 09, 2016

My Top 100 Favourite Songs 2010-14 Edition: #5

#5 “Killem All” by King 810
Released: 31/3/14
Album: Memoirs of a Murderer
My new favourite metal band. I actually did an article on this website over four years ago now about how I feel that metal as a genre is dying because there aren’t many new bands coming out and being successful, breaking new ground for future metal bands. It just feels like all the old great metal bands are the only bands that are getting any sort of positive attention on a mainstream scale. Sure, you could argue that metal as a genre doesn’t need that, but for me it’d be nice!
 
Anyway, fast forward a few years and I’ve finally found that new band I was looking for. If you’ve not heard King 810 – then THIS is the track to listen to. It’s as heavy as anything Slipknot have produced and the lyrics are what the band is about in a nutshell – Flint, Michigan isn’t a nice place to live, it’s called “Murder Town” because it has the highest death rate in all of the US. King 810 sing about the struggles of living there as well as the pride they have for their hometown – it may be a hard place to live but they still love their city and love their people. “Killem All” as a track is as great as any metal track released in the last half decade, but as the meaning behind the song goes, and how much I love everything about it, my respect and love for the song is so much greater. I really like this band and encourage anyone who loves their metal to give them a go. Seriously.

Here's the video if you want to hear it!

If you missed #6 go here.

For the latest updates on my work, including all my latest radio shows, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment