Sunday, December 04, 2016

My Top 100 Favourite Songs 2010-14 Edition: #10

#10 “Niggas in Paris” by Jay-Z and Kanye West
Released: 13/9/11
Album: Watch the Throne
So yesterday we had Johnny Cash and today we have Jay-Z and Kanye West. Crazy. Anyway, kicking off the Top 10 in a very different style is the collaborative effort of Jay-Z and Kanye, in what, for me, is probably my favourite song by either artist, working together to create, again, my opinion, what is one of the best hip hop songs, certainly in the last decade or so. That being said even against my opinion it received critical acclaim and even won a Grammy award so it’s definitely not just me! It’s such a catchy, creative track, and it’s fascinating that the egos of both Jay-Z and Kanye never clashed during the process of this exceptional hip hop track. This song reminds me of my clubbing days from a few years ago. It was so much fun to dance to and to let loose to. I just love it, simple really.

Here's the video if you want to hear it!

If you missed #11 go here.

For the latest updates on my work, including all my latest radio shows, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment