Thursday, March 05, 2015

My Top 100 Favourite Music Videos: #100

How's it going? I hope you're all well. Welcome to My Top 100 Favourite Music Videos list. What do you expect to see in this list? Well... 100 music videos? In reverse order of preference? Exactly.

Over the next 100 days I'll be doing a post on this website revealing one by one all the videos. I'll also explain why I love the video, maybe get some trivia on the video if I have any, put up some screenshots and of course, show the link to the video.

There are only three rules on this and they are:

a) This is a biased list, which means this is my opinion. I'm not saying they are the greatest, but to me, naturally they are.
b) There is at least one video from 1979. The reason for this, is because by 1979, music videos started becoming a more frequent thing. There are a couple of entries from pre-1979, but there is at least one entri from 1979 to 2014.
c) There are no more than 3 entries for an artist on this list. And by that, I mean the same artist (eg The Beatles and Paul McCartney can be classified as seperate, same as Michael Jackson and The Jackson Five, so in effect that could mean Paul McCartney/Michael Jackson individually could be featured more than three times. Not that they are but still.)

So without any further delay, here's #100!

#100: "House of Fun" - Madness
Release Date: 1982
Director: Dave Robinson
Fun Fact: The roller coaster ride is from the Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach and was built in 1932, and is the second tallest and second largest wooden roller coaster in the UK
This video always brings me back to my childhood. That's the simple reason for the inclusion of the video, not to mention it's a damn great video. The not-so subtle meaning behind the lyrics in "House of Fun" are emphasised when you see the young boy trying to buy condoms in the shop but it's the comedy that makes this video great. It's simply Madness, the band, being silly out and about making a fool of themselves. And don't deny it - you want a ride on that roller coaster too! Unless... of course... you don't like roller coasters...

Note: This is the first and last video from the year 1982 in this list.


Here's the video for your enjoyment!

Click here to go to #99 or skip the whole thing and go to #1 by clicking here!

No comments:

Post a Comment