Wednesday, March 18, 2015

My Top 100 Favourite Music Videos: #87

#87: "Rockstar" - Nickelback
Release Date: 2006
Director: Dori Oskowitz
Fun Fact: So many celebrities feature in this video, to name a few, Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top (who also has spoken parts in the verses), Dominique Swain, Gene Simmons of KISS, Eliza Dushku, Wayne Gretzky, Kid Rock and Ted Nugent!
I'm expecting a mixed to negative reaction to this inclusion simply for praising Nickelback in any format, and for the fact that some people absolutely hate this song.

But I'm sorry to say, I've always liked both the song and the video. I do very much dislike this band and like maybe two of their songs? But this video is great. If you don't agree, fine. But I'd put money on the fact that I bet the first time you saw this video, you didn't turn it over. I bet you watched it the entire video. Why? Because you wanted to see who was in the video. How many celebrities are in the video? There's loads, the list above is just a sample. So like it or not, this video gets your attention, and I thoroughly enjoy/enjoyed watching it... until it got overplayed massively!

Here's the video for your enjoyment!


Click here to see #86 on the list or here for #88!

No comments:

Post a Comment