Saturday, March 14, 2015

My Top 100 Favourite Music Videos: #91

#91: "Lullaby" - The Cure
Release Date: 1989
Director: Tim Pope
Fun Fact: The song itself has been used in TV shows such as Misfits, Fresh Meat and Being Human!
Another video that immediately brings me back to my childhood, this video will live with me forever. I don't have a phobia of spiders as such, but this video did creep me out as a kid. Just the idea of this man/spider hybrid covering me in a cobweb and eating me whole... it gave me the chills.

As a video now looking at it as an adult, it's strange actually because I actually see a lot of influence from this video in Marilyn Manson's "The Nobodies". Watch that video and you might see what I mean... or maybe you won't! It's no secret that Robert Smith and The Cure have had a huge influence on Marilyn Manson's career so I wouldn't be surprised. Either way this video is fantastic and a much watch, even today, 26 years on.


Here's the video for your enjoyment!


Click here to see #90 on the list or here for #92!

No comments:

Post a Comment