Sunday, March 15, 2015

My Top 100 Favourite Music Videos: #90

#90: "Dance" - Saul Williams
Release Date: 2011
Director: Cedric Blaisbois
Fun Fact: The song uses a sample from a song called "Disco 82", which was in a Bollywood film called Khud-Daar.
I've spoken about Saul Williams quite a few times on this website and have played some of his songs on my DJ shows but I find it a true shame that he's still relatively unheard of. He's one of my all time favourite artists and is definitely my favourite hip hop artist, just because what he brings to the table is so unique and ahead of the game (alternative hip hop is on the rise, but the style that's starting to come out, Saul Williams has been doing for at least fourteen years).

Anyways, the video itself is just a spectacle. It's not really groundbreaking or anything but I just love it. I just love seeing Saul Williams this way. He's a very serious man and he just looks like he's having one heck of a good time in this video. It's nice to see. Not to mention the man's makeup is gorgeous - and I'm straight! It's just a great video to watch visually, and definitely worth your time if you've not seen it before.

Here's the video for your enjoyment!
 


Click here to see #89 on the list or here for #91!

No comments:

Post a Comment