Wednesday, June 14, 2017

My Top 30 Favourite Crash Bandicoot Levels: #17

#17 Double Header
Game: Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped!
Level: 15 (of 32)
Level Type: Medieval
Random Fact: This is the last level that contains the “slots” crates, and the first level since Level 7.
This is definitely one of the most famous levels of Crash 3, and has been used in a lot of the trailers for the Crash Trilogy Remake. Why? Because of its famous 2 headed enemy, as well as the absolutely hilarious death animation if you get hit by them! Honestly, I remember, as a youngster, playing this level for the first time (I think I was 10) and just intentionally dying on purpose over and over again, laughing my ass off, over the animation of this death animation. It’s just so funny!

Is that why it’s one of my favourite levels? Absolutely! It’s not just that of course, the enemy itself, the 2 headed lab assistant, is a fun enemy to deal with, and using the double jump to defeat them takes technique. Bouncing on their bellies when they’re knocked down is fun too. On top of that it’s just a fun level, the bonus stage is great, and, because it’s the most difficult of the “easiest” levels in the game, I find the balance in its difficulty just right. I love this level!

If you missed #18 click here.

For #16 go here.

For the latest updates on my work, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment