Monday, June 05, 2017

My Top 30 Favourite Crash Bandicoot Levels: #26

#26 Piston it Away
Game: Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Level: 21 (of 27)
Level Type: Machinery
Random Fact: Every single Wumpa Fruit box in this level only gives you one wumpa fruit. There’s no “multiple wumpa fruit boxes at all!”
 
Piston it Away for me is the ultimate test of Crash 2. Not necessarily because it’s the hardest level, but because, for me, it’s the hardest level to get EVERY box in, to get the clear gem. When I played this as a teenager, it was the only level that stumped me, in terms of getting all the boxes. And as an adult and with the help of Youtube if you’re unsure of things, I now know how to do it. The fact that it is a hard level also makes it memorable. It’s also the first Machinery level of the game, and the guys holding the doors and pushing them at you are a pain in the ass. But overall, despite the difficulty, it’s a very fun level.
If you missed #27 click here.

Click here for #25.

For the latest updates on my work, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment