Tuesday, June 20, 2017

My Top 30 Favourite Crash Bandicoot Levels: #11

#11 Rolling Stones
Game: Crash Bandicoot
Level: 7 (of 31, including boss battles)
Level Type: Jungle
Random Fact: In the prototype of Crash 1, there were POW crates in only three levels, this being the main one. A POW crate acted like a firework and blew up nearby crates (similar to a TNT crate), but doesn’t harm Crash in any way. The idea was dropped in the actual release of Crash 1.
I can’t put my finger on what it is about the large rolling stones in Crash 1 and Crash 2, but I find the levels really entertaining. Dodging the large rolling stones is just simply a joy, and because “Rolling Stones” has the most in any Crash level, I just find this level a hoot. “Jungle Rollers”, level 2 (which got to #27 in my list) is a very similar level to this, but the main difference is the difficulty. For me, the two levels aren’t particularly that hard, as I find dodging the stones to be quite easy. So because this has more, I definitely like it the most. There’s nothing more else to say really, it’s just a fun level early on in the game!

If you missed #12 click here.

For #10 click here.

For the latest updates on my work, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment