Friday, June 16, 2017

My Top 30 Favourite Crash Bandicoot Levels: #15

#15 Cold Hard Crash
Game: Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Level: 18 (of 27)
Level Type: Snow
Random Fact: This level has the most levels in all of the first three Crash Bandicoot games – a whopping 155!
This is supposedly the longest level in the game, but it’s certainly one of the hardest. Going through the level from start to finish isn’t too bad, but it’s when you try and get the clear gem to get all 155 crates where this level becomes SUPER tough. And I mean, SUPER tough. I pull my (beard) hair out trying to get every single box on this level at times. It’s so easy to miss boxes at many parts of this level, and the only way to get every single box on it is by going through the death route (which is really hard) and then not going on the lift at the end of the section, but turning back round again and using the original lift that you came from. Getting through all of those Nitro boxes not once, but twice is just HELL.

I know I’ve put down that this is my fifteenth favourite level, and it is lots of fun, mainly due to its length, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t frustrating too! It’s a brilliant level and very well thought out by Naughty Dog.

If you missed #16 click here.

For #14 click here.

For the latest updates on my work, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment