Sunday, May 24, 2015

My Top 100 Favourite Music Videos: #20

#20: "Prince Charming" - Adam and the Ants
Release Date: 1981
Director: Mike Mansfield and Adam Ant
Fun Fact: The lady playing the "Fairy Godmother" is none other than Diana Dors! She had put on weight at this point in her career and died three years later of cancer.
I never knew that the Fairy Godmother was the legendary Diana Dors! You learn something new everyday!

So yeah, this is another one of those "brings me back to my childhood" videos. It was also one of the first MASSIVE production videos ever made. I love this video, the reverse Cinderella, where Adam Ant plays a male version of the legendary character, who isn't invited to the ball, but then the Fairy Godmother takes him with the power of magic, and of course, he goes in stall to emphasise his handsomeness. What's most memorable and great about the video is, of course, the fantastic dance routine, and it truly is still great. I always forget the moves until I watch the video back again and then forget not long after! It's just one of the best videos of all time and I love it.
Note: This is the third and last video from the year 1981 in this list.


Here is the video for your enjoyment!

Click here to see #19 on the list or here for #21!

No comments:

Post a Comment