Wednesday, May 20, 2015

My Top 100 Favourite Music Videos: #24

#24: "Fight for Your Right" - Beastie Boys
Release Date: 1987
Director: Adam Dubin and Ric Menello
Fun Fact: Highly reputable music poll Triple J, who do many polls on the greatest song in music history, rated this the 38th best song of all time!
Here's a question for you. What do you prefer, video-wise, "Fight For Your Right" or "Sabotage"? I seem to be in the massive minority that not only prefers "Fight For Your Right", but MUCH prefer it. I do like "Sabotage" and it is quite a funny video, but it's never come close to being one of my favourite ever videos.

This on the other hand is, and always will be. I just love everything about this video, it's hilarious for a start, from start to finish. I love how bad the acting is at the start of the video, I love how one of the Beastie Boys start bashing a telephone at their head, I love the spontaneous snogging that two of the lads do with the same girl at the party, I love the pie fight, I love the moment when they talk about "your mom bustin'" into the room and it's a random large man, who gets pied, I love the shot at the end of the video with everyone shouting "PAAARTAY!" at the camera. Everything from start to finish in this video is just fecking great, funny, and clever. Watch the video again if you haven't seen it in a while!
Note: This is the second and last video from the year 1987 in this list.


Here is the video for your enjoyment!

Click here to see #23 on the list or here for #25!

No comments:

Post a Comment