Monday, May 04, 2015

My Top 100 Favourite Music Videos: #40

#40: "Fat Lip/Pain for Pleasure" - Sum 41
Release Date: 2001
Director: Marc Klasfeld
Fun Fact: The song is in SO many soundtracks, including NHL 2002, American Pie 2, Guitar Hero, and Smallville!
I'm NOT happy with YouTube/Vevo/Sum 41 - how dare they seperate the two videos! "Fat Lip" and "Pain for Pleasure" are seperate songs on the album, but as a music video they are one and the same! It's messed up my Youtube playlist now, but at least you can watch the two videos below!

God I love this video. It's late nineties/early naughties youth at its finest. It's the type of fun I wish I could do, but I can't skateboard, I didn't have enough mates growing up and I wasn't really a punk. But this video is the epitome of what it should be growing up as a teenager soon to be a full grown adult. And the finale at the end, paying homage and/or taking the piss out of hair metal is just EPIC. This is one of the best music videos aimed at late teens ever made!


Here are the videos for your enjoyment!


Click here to see #39 on the list or here for #41!

No comments:

Post a Comment