Thursday, December 08, 2011

Mixtape: Best of Non-Single Queens of the Stone Age

Hello and welcome to another Mixtape entry. I love doing Mixtapes. There's something about constructing a playlist of your own, and choosing the track listing that makes me feel satisfied when it turns out okay. Some are better than others. But I've listened to this a few times and it's fantastic.

This is a list of my favourite songs by The Queens of the Stone Age. But there's a cap. There are no singles in the list below. Now I love TQotSA, they're a great band and have done some of my favourite albums of all time. In fact, when I covered the Naughties, I placed their second album, "Rated R", as my favourite song of the entire decade. And they produce some great singles too, like "No One Knows", "Sick, Sick, Sick", "Feel Good Hit of the Summer", "Burn the Witch", "Make it Wit Chu", "Go With the Flow", " Little Sister", "Monsters in the Parasol", the list can go on. But it's my personal opinion that The Queens of the Stone Age are one of the best bands for their albums, and their non-single tracks. That's why in honesty, I could have made a second list of songs and it still would have sounded great.

Not familiar with my Mixtapes? Here are the rules.

A Mixtape is a playlist of a certain genre, band or era. The list is generally 80 minutes long, the same length of a blank CD, with further recommendations if some of the songs aren't to your taste. Remember kids, downloading is wrong!

One more thing, I have only done a "Best of Non-Singles" Mixtape once before, and that was with Nirvana, and you can read that list here.

So here are my favourite songs by The Queens of the Stone Age, that are not singles. Enjoy! Also, this Mixtape is now available to listen to fully on YouTube so subscribe to me if you want to listen to it properly.

  1. You Think I 'aint Worth a Dollar But I Feel Like a Millionaire (Songs for the Deaf)
  2. Regular John (Queens of the Stone Age)
  3. Never Say Never (Bonus Track on "Rated U", a Bonus Disk on the UK Edition of Rated R)
  4. Tangled Up in Plaid (Lullabies to Paralyze)
  5. Turning on the Screw (Era Vulgaris)
  6. Auto Pilot (Rated R)
  7. Era Vulgaris (Bonus Track on the UK Edition of Era Vulgaris)
  8. In the Fade (Rated R)
  9. Medication (Lullabies to Paralyze)
  10. Hispanic Impressions (Queens of the Stone Age)
  11. I'm Designer (Era Vulgaris)
  12. Six Shooter (Songs for the Deaf)
  13. Broken Box (Lullabies to Paralyze)
  14. Suture Up Your Future (Era Vulgaris)
  15. Do it Again (Songs for the Deaf)
  16. Tension Head (Rated R)
  17. Everybodys Gonna Be Happy (Bonus Track on the UK Edition of Songs for the Deaf)
  18. Skin on Skin (Lullabies to Paralyze)
  19. Quick and to the Pointless (Rated R)
  20. Run Pig Run (Era Vulgaris)
  21. Ode to Clarissa (Bonus Track on the Japanese Edition of Rated R)
  22. Song for the Dead (Songs for the Deaf)
Don't like some of these? Give these five a try...
  1. God is in the Radio (Songs for the Deaf)
  2. Misfit Love (Era Vulgaris)
  3. Everybody Knows That You're Insane (Lullabies to Paralyze)
  4. Leg of Lamb (Rated R)
  5. Hangin' Tree (Songs for the Deaf)
And that's it! If you've heard some singles by TQofSA and have always wanted to try and get into more of their stuff, give these songs a go. If you're a big fan like me and think some songs are unjustifiably omitted, comment below and tell me what songs you like by the band that aren't singles. That's it from me tonight, have a good one.

For the latest updates on my work, 'like' me on Facebook here!

1 comment: