Tuesday, March 01, 2016

My Top 100 Favourite Songs 2010-14 Edition: #80

#80. “Blurred Lines" – Robin Thicke
Released: 26/3/13
Album: Blurred Lines


Ah good old Robin Thicke. His career was made because of this song, and possibly could have died because of this song. The whole "no doesn't always mean no" controversy, combined with the fact that he practically ripped a Marvin Gaye song really has made this song lose a lot of the cool factor it had when it first got released. I still really like it personally, but it's left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths and for very good reason. It's hard to say whether or not this song will create its own legacy, what with Robin Thicke's name in relatively deep mud at the moment, but you never know. Overall, it's still a funky track, with shallow lyrics and I'll still enjoy listening to it if it comes on my media player.

Here's the music video if you want to hear it!



If you missed #81 go here.

For the latest updates on my work, including all my latest radio shows, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment