Monday, March 21, 2016

My Top 100 Favourite Songs 2010-14 Edition: #60

#60. “Bad Girls" – MIA
Released: 31/1/12
Album: Matangi


MIA's breakthrough song "Paper Planes" had come out five years by the point "Bad Girls" came out and she didn't really have much success after which is a shame. But with "Bad Girls" MIA had another shot at the mainstream and created a fine RnB track, one that got a decent amount of airplay and actually was used in quite a few commercials if I remember correctly. It's got some lovely Middle Eastern samples in the song and as you can imagine, the song is all about "girl power" and being a strong female. It's a very simple yet inspiring song for all young girls and very catchy to boot. Me likey.

Here's the music video if you want to hear it!


If you missed #61 go here.

For the latest updates on my work, including all my latest radio shows, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment