Monday, March 21, 2016

My Top 100 Favourite Songs 2010-14 Edition: #61

#61. “Narcissistic Cannibal" – KoRn (feat. Skrillex and Kill the Noise)
Released: 21/10/11
Album: The Path of Totality


If you like dubstep and you like metal, there's an album you MUST listen to if you haven't already, and that's "The Path of Totality" by KoRn. I'm not going to say you'll like it or you'll hate it, but either way it's an album that needs your attention because it's just so different from anything else out there at the moment. KoRn really made a groundbreaking album, for good or for bad that mixes to very different genres together and created a very interesting sound. If you're interested I did review the album on this site, you can read that here.

As for "Nacissistic Cannibal" this is a very good song to get your head around the general sound of the album. It's not my favourite on the album, but collaborating with Skrillex for the main single off the album made perfect sense for KoRn and the end result is a song that does its very hardest to incoorporate the two genres together. The chorus is very similar to a lot of other KoRn tracks but then you have some pretty sweet electronic solo music towards the end courtesy of Skrillex. It's a fine track in my opinion, but as I said it's not for everyone.

Here's the music video if you want to hear it!



If you missed #62 go here.

For the latest updates on my work, including all my latest radio shows, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment