Sunday, March 20, 2016

My Top 100 Favourite Songs 2010-14 Edition: #63

#63. “Suit and Tie" – Justin Timberlake (feat. Jay-Z)
Released: 15/1/13
Album: The 20/20 Experience


At first I didn't like this song but it just grew and grew on me and it's ended up being a very good JT track. Then again, Timberlake in general has been one of those guilty pleasures of mine. For long periods of time I denied liking his music but in fairness he's a great talent, in a genre I really don't like much. That's pretty much my relationship with Justin Timberlake in a nutshell.

"Suit and Tie" has some lovely grooves in the track courtesy of some sampling of "Sho 'Nuff" by Sly, Slick and Wicked and Timberland as always does a great job in producing the track. Jay-Z's rap at the end compliments the track well and the music video, directed by David Fincher is simple yet artistic in its simplicity. "Suit and Tie" is simply a fine effort by Justin Timberlake and it became one of my most played tracks of the year 2013.

Here's the music video if you want to hear it!



If you missed #64 go here.

For the latest updates on my work, including all my latest radio shows, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment