Tuesday, March 08, 2016

My Top 100 Favourite Songs 2010-14 Edition: #74

#74. “Survival" – Eminem
Released: 8/10/13
Album: The Marshall Mathers LP 2


Recently I've been going the gym a lot for... reasons. And this is one of my favourite songs to work out to. I dunno what it is but it's just such a good song to get pumped up to. You feel ready to take on the world and that's all you need for a good work out song.

Anyway, Eminem is on top form in this song. And this album for that matter. When Eminem announced a sequel to "The Marshall Mathers LP" I was intrigued. It's one of my all time favourite hip hop albums and to even compare a sequel to the original it had to be good. And while it's not as good as the original, it's a damn fine effort. And "Survival" is one of the best songs on the album, simply put. Eminem raps really well here, and, being a rock fan, hearing a cool guitar riff and some nice drums as a beat is a big plus from me.

Here's the music video if you want to hear it!



If you missed #75 go here.

For the latest updates on my work, including all my latest radio shows, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment