Tuesday, June 19, 2018

My Top 50 Favourite Playstation 1 Games: #25

If you missed #26 click here.

Before I reveal what #25 is, let's recap the games between #50 and #26...
  • #50 Spiderman ***1/2
  • #49 Sled Storm ***1/2
  • #48 Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling 2 ***1/2
  • #47 Kula World ***1/2
  • #46 Destruction Derby ***3/4
  • #45 Hogs of War ***3/4
  • #44 Tekken ***3/4
  • #43 Team Buddies ***3/4
  • #42 Psychic Force 2 ***3/4
  • #41 Crash Bash ***3/4
  • #40 Lego Racers ***3/4
  • #39 Bust a Move 2 ***3/4
  • #38 MediEvil ***3/4
  • #37 Tekken 2 ***3/4
  • #36 Tombi! ****
  • #35 Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver ****
  • #34 WWF War Zone ****
  • #33 Wu-Tang: Taste the Pain ****
  • #32 Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee ****
  • #31 Driver ****
  • #30 Soul Blade ****
  • #29 Parasite Eve II ****
  • #28 Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring ****
  • #27 Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko ****
  • #26 Rage Racer ****
Okay then! So, what will start off the Top 25? Well it's none other than...

#25 - Street Fighter EX2 Plus
Released: 1999
Genre: Fighting
Rating: ****1/4 stars
Best Moment: Getting your ass handed to you by Bison II - he's nearly indestructible!
Street Fighter isn't my natural fighting game but it's one that I have played over the years. I do prefer Tekken and even Mortal Kombat, but the SF games are tremendous too. I never did play Street Fighter 3, instead I played Street Fighter EX2 Plus. It's a spinoff of the main SF games and for some reason I just loved playing this. I loved playing as Sagat, he was always my go-to character, where as back in the original Street Fighter II days I was always Ryu. I love the Super Combos you can do in the SFEX2+ game, and for me that's what makes this game stand out well against the many, MANY other SF games. But also, going against the secret Bison II boss is an awesome moment, even if it's ridiculously hard to even give him a good fight, nevermind actually beating him! Apparently you can unlock him in SFEX3, although I never did play that entry in the series. Anyway, if you're looking for a good Street Fighter game on the original Playstation, in my opinion, this is the best.

Looking for #24? Click here!


For the latest updates on my work, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment