Monday, April 20, 2015

My Top 100 Favourite Music Videos: #54

#54: "Ashes to Ashes" - David Bowie
Release Date: 1980
Director: David Mallet
Fun Fact: At the time, this was the most expensive music video ever made; it cost £250,000 to make!
Another song that brings me back to my childhood yadda yadda. But in fairness, it's a pretty epic video, that even by today's standards, is as striking as it ever was back in 1980. Sure, it does look really dated now, but you can't help but feel that if David Bowie made this video 30 years later, it'd be one of the most amazing looking videos ever made.

The scene in the middle and at the end of the video, where David Bowie is stuck to a load of tubes looking pale always brings me back to my childhood. It's funny how certain images stick in your head all your life - this is one of them. It's just one of the best videos ever made and I'll never forget it, if I like it or not!


Here's the video for your enjoyment!

Click here to see #53 on the list or here for #55!

No comments:

Post a Comment