Wednesday, April 15, 2015

My Top 100 Favourite Music Videos: #59

#59: "Twisted Transistor" - KoRn
Release Date: 2005
Director: Dave Meyers
Fun Fact: The four hip hop artists are Lil Jon as Jonathan Davis, Xzibit as Fieldy, David Banner as David Silveria and Snoop Dogg as Munky!
I do feel like this video is incredibly underrated. I mean, I'm sure a lot of metal fans really like this video but truly, it deserves a lot more attention and a lot more respect. I honestly don't know if this idea has ever been done before, or since. Four major hip hop artists pretending to be a metal band? It's an awesome concept and it's hilarious.

If you like these hip hop artists or not, you have to appreciate the great jobs they did in being fake versions of the members of KoRn. I'm not sure who I like most, it's a toss-up between Snoop Dogg being a very (very!) angry version of Munky, or Xzibit being a very (very!) pukey alter ego of Fieldy. I do also love the vein David Banner, modelling and worrying about a cut on his face. It's just a hilarious video, and to see the actual members of KoRn at the end being spoof music execs is just the icing on the cake. If you've not seen this video watch it! NOW!

Here's the video for your enjoyment!

Click here to see #58 on the list or here for #60!

No comments:

Post a Comment