Friday, April 10, 2015

My Top 100 Favourite Music Videos: #64

#64: "Sweating Bullets" - Megadeth
Release Date: 1992
Director: Wayne Isham
Fun Fact: The term to "sweat bullets" means that you're incredibly anxious or nervous. Dave Mustaine was thought of to be a schizophrenic, and while he denies it, he found the topic interesting so wrote this song!
I actually remember seeing this video when I was a young lad but completely and utterly forgotten about it until I was an adult. I remember all the camera panning from one asylum door to another, and it resonated with me.

Watching the video as an adult makes me love the video even more. Naturally when I was a kid I had no idea what dementia was, what's schizophrenia was. Now that I know, and know that I've been around people who have had one or the other, I completely and utterly sympathise with these people who have to deal with all of this mental trauma. This video is a fantastic symbol of dementia, and mental health in general, and the video stands stronger and stronger each day and each year as each passing moment, the world is starting to become more aware of mental health and how to help people who truly struggle to help themselves.

If you like Megadeth or not, please, watch this video, it's just a fantastic way of using imagery to describe what people really go through, who can't cope with their minds, thoughts and feelings.

Here's the video for your enjoyment!

Click here to see #63 on the list or here for #65!

No comments:

Post a Comment