Saturday, April 04, 2015

My Top 100 Favourite Music Videos: #70

#70: "Gangnam Style" - PSY
Release Date: 2012
Director: Cho Soo-hyun
Fun Fact: The song hit the #1 spot in over 30 countries worldwide!
I suppose there is a selection of you questioning this entry in my list. But that's exactly the point - it's my list of favourite music videos!

Yesterday I gave you arguably the first proper viral music video. Today, I give you, undisputedly, the BIGGEST.

And yes, I love this music video. I love PSY, he's a fantastic Korean hip-hop artist that has done a lot of good quality tracks. If you like "Gangnam Style" and have a open mind, you might find you like more of his stuff. He's awesome.

As for this entry, it's just a hilarious video. Of course, we Westerners are ignorant to a lot of Korean culture and some of the things that we find funny maybe shouldn't be, but I'm sur there are a lot of things in this video that we don't understand, that are hilarious to Koreans. The popularity of this song wasn't intentional and it almost feels like having a heck of a good time to a party you weren't invited to, full of strangers you don't know. But it's still so so funny, and the song and dance are both a part of culture and simply, I'm proud to be a PSY fan.


Here's the video for your enjoyment!

Click here to see #69 on the list or here for #71!

No comments:

Post a Comment